Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Best day yet



Yesterday I got to hold the lil' peanut for the first time. I have heard from any number of people during Maggie's pregnancy how special it is to hold one's kid for the first time, but considering the circumstances I think it's even more special than the average dad's first time. For one, I had to wait until his nineteenth day to do so. For two, just a week ago I was quite literally worried about him not making it through the night. For three, well, Woody is really, really small. As you can see from the pictures.

As for the update on the vitals, he continues to progress very well in all areas except the lungs, and even there he is showing tiny signs of improvement. As of today, he is getting double the amount of actual feedings. This still isn't that much. Two mLs of breast milk every two hours, up from one. A mL is a cubic centimeter, which is about twenty drops of fluid. Twelve of those every twenty-four hours is about 24 calories of energy; he is getting about 75 through the nutrient line every day. All of which just demonstrates the central truth of THAT KID IS LITTLE.

I would like to take just a moment and thank people for all the nice little notes and comments I have received in the last three weeks. There are a lot of nice, sweet people in this world, and while many of them are related to me, not all are. I would especially like to thank the contingent of "Hormonal Hobbs Women", and the honorary HHW, which oddly enough includes some men too. There have been a lot of tears on this end too.

3 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lookin' haircut there, son. You and the boy are looking sharp together!

Love,
Grammie

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Hobbs family.

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is the cutest little guy in the world. We are so happy to welcome him to the family. His Aunt Jeannie can't wait to meet him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home